[msexchange] does a distribution group use an Exchange license?

  • From: "Steven Iltis" <steveni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:35:59 -0600

Using Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000--
When I go into Active Directory Users and Computers to create a new
group, then make that group a Distribution group, does this use 1 of my
Exchange licenses? It seems that it should not, since it does not create
an actual mailbox.

We will be creating more groups soon, and I wanted to be certain that we
are within licensing (or purchase more licenses).

Thanks!!

Steve Iltis
Metal Exchange Corporation
(314) 434-3500 x166