[msexchange] Server Unavailable Message with Outlook XP

  • From: "Justin Martin" <jmartin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:36:26 -0500

I have a weird one here - I have 100+ machines running Office 2000 that
work
flawlessly connecting to an Exchange 2000 server. I have added three
Windows
XP machines to the network, 2 are running Office XP 2002 and one is
running
Office XP 2003. Almost 90% of the time that the Office XP machines
launch
Outlook they are prompted with a Server Unavailable Message, Abort,
Cancel
or Retry. If you click cancel and then re-launch Outlook it connects no
problem. This is only happening with the Office XP machines, I have
tried
re-installing Office, I have even tried formatting the machine and
trying
from scratch with the same results. If I install Office 2000 instead of
XP
Outlook works as expected.

Use the below link for Archives,
and to set your preferences.