[msexchange] Re: Matrix

  • From: Travis Parrent <tparrent@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:25:35 -0800 (PST)

I don't know if someone answered this already or not,
but here's here's a few ways...

You can turn on Message tracking on the MTA, and on
the Internet Mail service.  Then use
scripting/access/excel or whatever method you want to
analyze those logs.  There are some KB articles that
describe the layout of them and some ways of counting
certain items using VBScript, etc.

Alternatively you can buy third party products such as
BindView that will analyze the logs for you.

I wrote a little Access DB that will import the basic
layout of the Tracking logs into a couple of related
DB tables if you want a copy of it, but just be warned
if you have a large organization, the size can get
huge, very fast.

Travis

--- Christine Easton <Christine.Easton@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way I can track how many messages are
> received/sent on a daily,
> weekly basis?  I'm using Exchange 5.5.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> -Christine
>

> Christine N. Easton
> Citrix/Windows 2000 Engineer
> Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan
> 1 Design Center Place
> Boston, MA  02210
> Work: 617-414-6034
> Cell:  617-293-4407
> christine.easton@xxxxxxxxx

> Use the below link for Archives,
> and to set your preferences.
>
> http://thethin.net/exchangelist.cfm

=====
The more you know,
The more you know how much you don't know!

http://platinum.yahoo.com