[msexchange] Re: ForestPrep/Domain Prep

  • From: "Tom Howarth" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msexchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:34:58 -0000

It has to be done on a live server, adprep must be run agianst the domain
controllers holding the schema master in the forest root and the infrastructure
master in each of the domians and child domains.  It is advisable to have a
full backup of your directory and I personally would do it out of hours as it
does increase load on the DC, but there is no requirement.