[msb-alumni] Tony update late Wednesday night

  • From: Vickie Rolison <happytraveler1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 18:40:26 -0700

Linda Falberg Samul

21 hrsLinda's friends

Tony Update:

I seriously hope this picture will be a scenario coming up soon; Tony back home, recovering. Today they took out Tony's drainage tubes. The dietitian from the kidney transplant team came by with nutrition information. There are some things he'll have to give up, such as medium rare prime rib, & eggs over easy. No pink in the meat, nor runny yolks in eggs. Bacteria that isn't harmful to us, such as sushi or under cooked meat, eggs, animal products in general, are very dangerous for Tony, because the anti-rejection drugs that suppress his immune system. But now he's happy to learn that he must drink no less than 2 liters of non-diruretic fluids a day. On dialysis, he was only allowed 48 OZs per day. He now needs high phosphorus foods, where before, he had to take phosphorus binders & eat low phosphorus foods. His nurse went through his new medication schedule, as the anti-rejection drugs need to be taken at precise times every day for the rest of his life. We were also told that he'll be discharged from U of M hospital tomorrow!! Best news since he got word, there was a kidney available. We're so grateful to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, we'll wishes, good vibes, & encouraging words of support. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts💕

Vickie’s Note: As of Thursday, 6:30PM Arizona time, haven’t heard whether he was released.  I called earlier and asked for the nurse’s station first, in case Tony was sleeping. They were sleeping, or the room was dark, so couldn’t speak with them. Also, nurse’s station said they again didn’t have permission for me to discuss Tony with them.  So, once again in the dark until Linda puts something out on facebook. They don’t have their cell phones turned on inside the hospital.

Sent from Mail for Windows

To send a message, msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe to the list, send an email to: msb-alumni-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe in the subject line. To unsubscribe msb-alumni-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in the subject line. Online, searchable archives of this list are available at //www.freelists.org/archive/msb-alumni