[msb-alumni] Tony update Wednesday, 1 25

  • From: Vickie Rolison <happytraveler1972@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 17:17:25 -0700

Tony report: Tony's kidney functions are... - Linda Falberg Samul | Facebook

Linda Falberg Samul, profile picture

Linda Falberg Samul

58 minsLinda's friends

Tony report:

Tony's kidney functions are declining rather than improving. Although the fluid pulled from his abdomen, which now has a drainage tube in place, was hopefully going to make it easier for the kidney to improve, the lab work is showing decline in GFR & increase in Creatinine & BUN, which previously were moving downward, heading towards the reference range. So, tomorrow he will be getting a biopsy, which means getting put under, followed by more pain meds after the procedure. Just as they were beginning to taper the Dilaudid down, making him less loopy. In addition to this, his hearing aid batteries died, so now he can't hear well, & I asked social work to provide him with batteries. They haven't been too helpful in that department. Amazon can't get them to U of M til Jan 29th. He hopefully will be back at South Lyon Rehab facility by then. To top it off, his tremors are so bad that his 10 allowable times to log into his cell phone, have locked him out, because he kept hitting wrong numbers/letters, due to his tremors. Now I have to call him using the room phone. So frustrating, as sometimes the phone falls off the rail of the bed, then he can find it. I feel so badly for him. I was able to successfully get through on his cell phone, so evidently, even if he's locked out of his phone, he can still accept calls, for now anyway. Prayer Request for his biopsy tomorrow, that they find answers & ways to improve his kidney function. Thank you all very much!

To send a message, msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe to the list, send an email to: msb-alumni-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe in the subject line. To unsubscribe msb-alumni-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with unsubscribe in the subject line. Online, searchable archives of this list are available at //www.freelists.org/archive/msb-alumni