[msb-alumni] Re: Sorry for my silence

  • From: Toni <coffey41@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 20:03:14 -0400

B; safety comes first. Take care of yourself and good to see you posting.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2014, at 7:55 PM, "Bea Furman" <healing_song@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I just wanted to apologize for not being as talkative on lists as I usually am.
It doesn’t have a lot to do with my being behind, though that doesn’t help
matters.

On Monday night, Bert and I were helping out a friend of ours at the Jackson
Interfaith Shelter who was the performer in the series that I organize.
Unfortunately, there was this guy who was hitting on me. He was saying
inappropriate things to me, in! front! Of! Bert!

When I called on Tuesday to file a complaint with the manager of the shelter,
she told me that I didn’t have to worry about him anymore. He was kicked out of
the shelter that night, after he had threatened to kill one of the young men
that lives there. It turns out he was in and out of prison for arson. He may
have been under the influence of a substance when he was at the shelter. The
police told him that if he came on the shelter property again, he would be
arrested.

Needless to say, Bert and I have decided that I am not going to go to the
shelter, unless it’s with him or the performers. At this point, we need to
think of my safety.