[msb-alumni] Sorry for my silence

  • From: "Bea Furman" <healing_song@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bea Furman" <healing_song@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 19:55:33 -0400

I just wanted to apologize for not being as talkative on lists as I usually
am. It doesn't have a lot to do with my being behind, though that doesn't
help matters.

On Monday night, Bert and I were helping out a friend of ours at the Jackson
Interfaith Shelter who was the performer in the series that I organize.
Unfortunately, there was this guy who was hitting on me. He was saying
inappropriate things to me, in! front! Of! Bert!

When I called on Tuesday to file a complaint with the manager of the
shelter, she told me that I didn't have to worry about him anymore. He was
kicked out of the shelter that night, after he had threatened to kill one of
the young men that lives there. It turns out he was in and out of prison for
arson. He may have been under the influence of a substance when he was at
the shelter. The police told him that if he came on the shelter property
again, he would be arrested.

Needless to say, Bert and I have decided that I am not going to go to the
shelter, unless it's with him or the performers. At this point, we need to
think of my safety.