[msb-alumni] Junior Play Writer Fran Johnson Dies at 85

  • From: Steve <pipeguy920@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 13:41:33 -0500

BlankIf memory serves, she was involved in some of our junior plays.  I know
whe worked with Yvonne Whitmore on a production in 2009 that I think Be and
Marie may have seen.

My sympathies to Joan Brunger, Shirley and Mike Ellis.

Steve
Class of '72

Frances Johnson Frances Johnson Lansing Age 85, was called home by her Lord
on December 18, 2014. Fran was born in Chicago, raised in Whitehall,
Michigan and lived in the East Lansing and Lansing area since 1947. She
graduated from Michigan State in 1951 with a degree in journalism and was
employed by the John Henry Company for 40 years. She held a variety of
creative positions, ending her career as the senior marketing coordinator
for the firm's idea works division. Fran retired in 1991, leaving behind a
job she loved and a host of friends. Fran is survived by cousins, Margaret
(Ed) Meehan of Wall, N.J., and Nancy Doyle of South Bend, IN. As well as
special friends, Joan Brunger and her daughter and family; Shirley (Mike)
Ellis, grandson, Doug (April) great grandchildren, Nitsa and Jordan; Ann
Smith and family of Veazie, ME; Claire (Rob) Milne, Russ Fitzgerald and Sam;
Peggy Wagner and family; Jim and Lela Doll. Fran was blessed with "special
families" the Eric Wright's and the Derrick Turner's. Fran was a longtime
member of University Lutheran Church, 1030 S. Harrison, East Lansing, MI
48823. A memorial services will be held on Sunday, January 4, 2015 at 3:00
P.M. Contributions may be made to the Fran Johnson Scholarship, sponsored by
the American Floral Endowment, 1601 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314. To leave
online condolences visit www.tiffanyfuneralhome.com . Published in Lansing
State Journal on Jan. 4, 2015

GIF image