[msb-alumni] Re: [Bulk] Junior Play Writer Fran Johnson Dies at 85

  • From: Marcie Brink-Chaney <chaneyma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: msb-alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 01:33:52 -0500

On 1/7/2015 1:41 PM, Steve wrote:
Blank
If memory serves, she was involved in some of our junior plays. I know whe worked with Yvonne Whitmore on a production in 2009 that I think Be and Marie may have seen.
My sympathies to Joan Brunger, Shirley and Mike Ellis.
Steve
Class of '72
Frances Johnson Frances Johnson Lansing Age 85, was called home by her Lord on December 18, 2014. Fran was born in Chicago, raised in Whitehall, Michigan and lived in the East Lansing and Lansing area since 1947. She graduated from Michigan State in 1951 with a degree in journalism and was employed by the John Henry Company for 40 years. She held a variety of creative positions, ending her career as the senior marketing coordinator for the firm's idea works division. Fran retired in 1991, leaving behind a job she loved and a host of friends. Fran is survived by cousins, Margaret (Ed) Meehan of Wall, N.J., and Nancy Doyle of South Bend, IN. As well as special friends, Joan Brunger and her daughter and family; Shirley (Mike) Ellis, grandson, Doug (April) great grandchildren, Nitsa and Jordan; Ann Smith and family of Veazie, ME; Claire (Rob) Milne, Russ Fitzgerald and Sam; Peggy Wagner and family; Jim and Lela Doll. Fran was blessed with "special families" the Eric Wright's and the Derrick Turner's. Fran was a longtime member of University Lutheran Church, 1030 S. Harrison, East Lansing, MI 48823. A memorial services will be held on Sunday, January 4, 2015 at 3:00 P.M. Contributions may be made to the Fran Johnson Scholarship, sponsored by the American Floral Endowment, 1601 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314. To leave online condolences visit www.tiffanyfuneralhome.com . Published in Lansing State Journal on Jan. 4, I was very fond of her and I'm sure she will be missed. I believe she helped write some of the plays which were presented at the school. Marcie Brink-Chaney class of '72

2015

--
Marcie Brink-Chaney