[mountainmilers] Re: Fwd: Killer Mule

  • From: "Michelle Peters" <michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:42:50 -0700

NICE UPDATE! Thanks.

  _____

From: mountainmilers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mountainmilers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Golfdood51@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 9:52 AM
To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mountainmilers] Fwd: Killer Mule

After my message - you gotta see this story/pic below...

-I have a headlamp if anyone needs a light for the Wednesday dusk run.  The
weather forecast calls for some pretty chilly temps...not to late to change
your minds (snicker).

-In the event that they don't let me back in the country Saturday night (I
guess for several potential reasons...) I hope someone will maintain the
website so I can see what you guys are doing.  I will quit running and be a
beach bum and laugh at all the hard work you guys are putting in.

-The Tucson marathon has officially returned to the course from 2007 and
2008. The course is on their website now.  That is really good news!  There
was an outpouring of input from the runners that they did not like last
years course.  Looks like we have a big group going to Tucson.

-I talked to Steve Orth today and although he finished the Grand Canyon
marathon - he had some medical attention between 22-23 miles.  He is fine
now - maybe too many long hard races too close. Mr. Man vs. Horse Belt
Buckle winner can relax on the super long runs for awhile...  Christina
Robertson retired before the finish with a bad cold - get better Christina!

-We had about 12-14? at the Skull Valley run on Saturday.  I was an aid
station.  Truthfully it is easier to run the crazy thing than be an aid
station.  Julie who covers for us every time, did an aid station at about 8
miles out - she is my new hero and will remain my hero!!  Everyone did
really well and most were prepping for Tucson. Rob ran back to back 14+ runs
Friday and Saturday and Paul ran all the way back to Heidi's so he did a 29
mile run and that run back up the mountain is a B word!

See ya next week...Ken

  _____

Subj: Killer Mule

A couple from Montana were out riding on the range, he with his rifle and
she (fortunately) with her camera.  Their dogs always followed them, but on
this occasion a Mountain Lion decided that he wanted to stalk the dogs
(you'll see the dogs in the background watching).   Very, very bad decision.

The hunter got off the mule with his rifle and decided to shoot in the air
to scare away the lion, but before he could get off a shot the lion charged
in and decided he wanted a piece of those dogs.   With that, the mule took
off and decided he wanted a piece of that lion.  That's when all hell broke
loose for the lion.
As the lion approached the dogs, the mule snatched him up by the tail and
started whirling him around, banging its head on the ground on every pass.
Then he dropped it, stomped on it and held it to the ground by the throat.
The mule then got down on his knees and bit the thing all over a couple of
dozen tim es to make sure it was dead, then whipped it into the air again,
walked back over to the couple (who were stunned in silence) and stood there
ready to continue his ride as if nothing had just happened.
Fortunately, even though the hunter didn't get off a shot, his wife got the
pictures.

cid:image002.jpg@01C9E9B1.55EE17C0

cid:image003.jpg@01C9E9AF.65F69FE0

cid:image004.jpg@01C9E9AF.65F69FE0