[mountainmilers] Fwd: Killer Mule

  • From: Golfdood51@xxxxxxx
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:51:58 EST

After my message - you gotta see this story/pic below...

-I have a headlamp if anyone needs a light for the Wednesday dusk  run.
The weather forecast calls for some pretty chilly temps...not to late  to
change your minds (snicker).

-In the event that they don't let me back in the country Saturday night (I
guess for several potential reasons...) I hope someone will maintain the
website  so I can see what you guys are doing.  I will quit running and be a
beach bum and laugh at all the hard work you guys are putting in.

-The Tucson marathon has officially returned to the course from 2007 and
2008. The course is on their website now.  That is really good  news!  There
was an outpouring of input from the runners that they did not  like last
years course.  Looks like we have a big group going to Tucson.

-I talked to Steve Orth today and although he finished the Grand Canyon
marathon - he had some medical attention between 22-23 miles.  He is fine  now
- maybe too many long hard races too close. Mr. Man vs. Horse Belt  Buckle
winner can relax on the super long runs for awhile...  Christina  Robertson
retired before the finish with a bad cold - get better  Christina!

-We had about 12-14? at the Skull Valley run on Saturday.  I was an  aid
station.  Truthfully it is easier to run the crazy thing than be an aid
station.  Julie who covers for us every time, did an aid station at about 8
miles out - she is my new hero and will remain my hero!!  Everyone did  really
well and most were prepping for Tucson. Rob ran back to back 14+ runs  Friday
and Saturday and Paul ran all the way back to Heidi's so he did a 29 mile
run and that run back up the mountain is a B word!

See ya next week...Ken

____________________________________
 Subj: Killer Mule

A couple  from Montana were out riding on the range, he  with his rifle and
she (fortunately) with her  camera.  Their dogs always followed them,  but
on this occasion a Mountain  Lion decided  that he wanted to stalk the dogs
(you'll see the  dogs in the background watching).    Very, very bad
decision.
The  hunter got off the mule with his rifle and  decided to shoot in the
air to scare away the  lion, but before he could get off a shot the  lion
charged in and decided he wanted a piece of  those dogs.   With  that, the mule
took off and decided  he wanted  a piece of that lion.  That's when all hell
 broke loose for the  lion.
As the  lion approached the dogs, the mule snatched him  up by the tail and
started whirling him around,  banging its head on the ground on every pass.
 Then he dropped it, stomped on it and held  it to the ground by the
throat.  The mule  then got down on his knees and bit the thing all  over a
couple
of dozen tim es to make sure it  was dead, then whipped it into the air
again,  walked back over to the couple (who were stunned  in silence) and stood
there ready to continue  his ride as if nothing had just  happened.
Fortunately,  even though the hunter didn't get off a shot,  his wife got
the pictures.

----- End forwarded  message -----

Version:  10.0.1153 / Virus Database: 424/3234 - Release Date:  11/02/10

=

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image