[mountainmilers] Adjustments to the Whiskey Row course we've been running

  • From: "wersc@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <wersc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mountainmilers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:17:50 -0700

Y'all:

This AM I drove (yeah, I know...auto odometers aren't accurate) several different additional segments to the course we've been running on Sundays.  I was looking to pick up about 400 yards +/- as I wasn't really sure how far off we really are from the 6.2 miles we need.

Here are several options.  #1 and #2 are at the very beginning of the race and #3 is literally at the finish:

[1]  West on Goodwin, Right on McCormick, Left on Beach, Left on Summit, Right on Goodwin (past Hill St. and up the slope), Right on Park to Gurley.  Adds 3/10th of a mile.

[2]  Same as #1 above only go a bit further, to wit:  West on Goodwin, Right on McCormick, Left on Beach, Left on Summit, Right on Goodwin (past Hill St. and up the slope), Right on Park, IMMEDIATE left onto Glandale, Right on Coronado, Left on Park to Gurley.  Adds about 6 or so 10th of a mile.

[3]  When we come out of Mile High Middle School on Carelton and hit Montezuma, keep on going East on Montezuma.  Then Left on Marina, Left on Goodwin, Right on Cortez and finish exactly where we know the finish to be, to wit at the intersection of Cortez and Union.  This Adds rith at 3/10th of a mile.

Your call.

Bests,

me

On Mon Jan 31 15:16 , Tom Hahn sent:

At least we're planning to run on Wednesday about when the "high" supposedly occurs during the day, right?  And, maybe, it will be sunny... as if that will help.  31 deg F...  Back to the Sherpa clothes, I guess!

Tom

Dan, it is currently snowing on my end of Chino. Starting out like the blizzerd of 2010. Few heavy large flakes.....2 feet of snow ? I for one will NEVER complain about the warm weather again.