[mosnet] Re: Current MOSNet status

  • From: "c a t o h a g e n" <catohagen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mosnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:16:05 +0100

>  Thanks. I think there's just the difference in the defaults. This can
> be also specified in General.config, i don't remember option names
> right now since i still don't have the source code at my new work,
> i'll burn it to a CD and bring tomorrow to commit to the CVS.
>  Anyway thank you, i'll change this setting.

here are the ones i use now :

MBUF_CONF Initial =     2
MBUF_CONF Chunk =       64
MBUF_CONF ClChunk =     4
MBUF_CONF MaxMem =      4096
MBUF_CONF ClusterSize = 2048

TCP_SendSpace=8192
TCP_RecvSpace=8192

but i cant tell if changing anything produce better transfers.
as the current samba config is now, it works no matter what i set
in general.config atleast with MBUF_CONF MaxMem and TCP_Send/recvSpace.

>  Another point is that Miami has newer version of TCP protocol which
> supports dynamic window sizing. This can also be a key to speedup.
> I've got these sources from BSD but haven't integrated them yet in
> order not to introduce new bugs until all previous ones are worked
> out. If i change many things at once i can get into a situation when i
> am unable to understand what part works wrong.

that sounds reasonable, i fully agree...

looking forward to 0.18 with miamipanel support so i can
measure some speed.

--
  cato hagen
  catohagen@xxxxxxxxxxx