Morning Prayer

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:53:06 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 07/14/07 12:42:07
 Wednesday, 18 July 2007

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

O U T    O F    T O W N

I'll be out of town with my priest support group until late on Wednesday, 18
July.  Margie, our pastoral minister will send Morning Prayer in my absence.
No individual prayer intentions will be included, since the prayers are
already prepared.  Be assured of my daily prayers for your intentions, and
as part of the daily Masses we'll Celebrate.

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    I
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007

Early Sign-Up Deadline ends on 27 July.
Sign up now and save $100!

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1826.

Q U E S T I O N S ?

If you have questions that can be answered by Pentecost Tours, just call
them at:
   1 800 713-9800

If you have questions I can answer, e-mail me at frpat@xxxxxxxxxx
My personal cell phone number is: 608 769-4200

S I G N    U P    N O W !

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. It would be a great memory to be able
to say you signed up during Holy Week! Gary, from Pentecost Tours, says the
Holy Land has been their most popular destination!  And if you've never
taken a Pentecost Tour, you won't believe the quality, attention to detail,
and organization.  Coupled with the low price, it doesn't get any better
than this! The basic cost this year is $2499 from JFK Airport in New York or
$2599 from Minneapolis.  That's $300 less than last year's trip. Just follow
the link from:

       www.frpat.com

We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage!

In this weekend's Scriptures we hear a great deal about John the Baptist.
He is the one who Baptized Jesus in the Jordan River.  We'll visit that holy
River and so many other holy sites.  We'll renew our own Baptism Vows in the
same river where John baptized Jesus himself!

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com
If you think you may be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can
keep track of the group!

..=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

...=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the LORD require of
you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your
God?"  ~Micah 6:8

...=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

We can try to be grateful for all the blessings we have received.
Gratitude to God for all our blessings can make us humble.  We can remember
that we can do little by ourselves, and now we can rely largely on God's
grace in helping ourselves and others.  People often do not care much for
those who are smug and self-satisfied or those who gossip and criticize. But
many are impressed with true humility. Se we can try to walk humbly at all
times. Gratitude to God and true humility are what make us effective.

...=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may walk humbly with God.  I pray that I may rely on God's
grace to carry me through.

..=: S C R I P T U R E S   A N D   S A I N T   O F   T H E   D A Y :=

..=: W E     P R A Y  :=.