<MP>Thursday, 19 July 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:38:44 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    I
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007

Early Sign-Up Deadline ends on 27 July.
Sign up now and save $100!

18 are now signed up, with more in the process.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1826.

Q U E S T I O N S ?

If you have questions that can be answered by Pentecost Tours, just call
them at:
   1 800 713-9800

If you have questions I can answer, e-mail me at frpat@xxxxxxxxxx
My personal cell phone number is: 608 769-4200

S I G N    U P    N O W !

Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up any time now, and
we expect this one to fill up quickly. It would be a great memory to be able
to say you signed up during Holy Week! Gary, from Pentecost Tours, says the
Holy Land has been their most popular destination!  And if you've never
taken a Pentecost Tour, you won't believe the quality, attention to detail,
and organization.  Coupled with the low price, it doesn't get any better
than this! The basic cost this year is $2499 from JFK Airport in New York or
$2599 from Minneapolis.  That's $300 less than last year's trip. Just follow
the link from:

       www.frpat.com

We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage!

In this weekend's Scriptures we hear a great deal about John the Baptist.
He is the one who Baptized Jesus in the Jordan River.  We'll visit that holy
River and so many other holy sites.  We'll renew our own Baptism Vows in the
same river where John baptized Jesus himself!

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you think you may be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can
keep track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" She
said, "No one, sir." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go your way,
and from now on do not sin again."  ~John 8:10-11

..=:  M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

To God, a miracle of change in a person's life is only a natural happening.
But it is a natural happening operated by spiritual forces. There is no
miracle in personalities too marvelous to be an every day happening.
Miracles happen when we are guided and strengthened by God. Marvelous
changes in our natures can happen so simply, and yet they are free from all
other agency than the grace of God.  These miracles have often been prepared
for by days and months of longing for something better.  They are
accompanied by a real desire to conquer self and to surrender our lives to
God.

..=: P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may expect miracles in my life and in the lives of others.  I
pray that I may change and help others to do so as well.