Margie - Morning Prayer for Sunday April 27

  • From: "Marge Hickey" <marge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 08:07:20 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

From: Fr. Pat Umberger
Date: 04/25/08 16:18:23
Subject: Sunday, 27 April 2008

.=: M O R N I N G P R A Y E R :=.
From Father Pat Umberger

A T K N I G H T S O F C O L U M B U S
State Convention
I'll be at Knights of Columbus State Convention this weekend. Margie, our
pastoral minister, will send out Morning Prayer in my absence. Keep me in
your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well. May God continue
to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

P I L G R I M A G E 2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line. Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

.=: S A I N T O F T H E D A Y :=.

St. Louis Mary de Montfort (1673-1716)
Louis's life is inseparable from his efforts to promote genuine devotion to
Mary, the mother of Jesus and mother of the Church.Totus tuus(completely
yours) was Louis's personal motto; Karol Wojtyla chose it as his episcopal
motto.
Born in the Breton village of Montfort, close to Rennes (France), as an
adult Louis identified himself by the place of his Baptism instead of his
family name, Grignion. After being educated by the Jesuits and the
Sulpicians, he was ordained as a diocesan priest in 1700. For more, click
the link below:

.=: S C R I P T U R E S F O R T H E D A Y :=

With one accord, the crowds paid attention to what was said by Philip when
they heard it and saw the signs he was doing.
For unclean spirits, crying out in a loud voice, came out of many possessed
people, and many paralyzed or crippled people were cured. There was great
joy in that city. ~Acts 8:5-8, 14-17

Jesus said to his disciples: "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with
you always, the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept, because it
neither sees nor knows him. ~John 14:15-21

.=: M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y :=.

The power of the Resurrection was truly awesome! The disciples were able to
heal, cure, drive out unclean spirits and more. In our Gospel Jesus promises
the Holy Spirit, another Advocate to be with us always. The power of the
Resurrection is unleashed in us as well. We need to know and believe in the
power we have received. We need to use it with confidence, as Jesus' early
disciples did.

.=: P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y :=.

I pray that I may be open to receiving the Holy Spirit. I pray that I may
believe in and put to good use the power I have received through the
Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

.=: W E P R A Y :=.

home. We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the courage