<MP>Saturday, 26 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:18:52 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

A T    K N I G H T S    O F    C O L U M B U S
State Convention
I'll be at Knights of Columbus State Convention this weekend.  Margie, our
pastoral minister, will send out Morning Prayer in my absence. Keep me in
your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May God continue
to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We?ll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Pedro de San José Betancur (1626-1667)
Central America can claim its first saint with the July 30 canonization of
Pedro de Betancur by Pope John Paul II in Guatemala City. Known as the "St.
Francis of the Americas," Pedro de Betancur is the first saint to have
worked and died in Guatemala. Click the link below for more:

During the night Paul had a vision. A Macedonian stood before him and
implored him with these words, ?Come over to Macedonia and help us.? When he
had seen the vision, we sought passage to Macedonia at once, concluding that
God had called us to proclaim the Good News to them. ~Acts 16:1-10

Remember the word I spoke to you, ?No slave is greater than his master.? If
they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they
will also keep yours. And they will do all these things to you on account of
my name,
because they do not know the one who sent me.? ~John 15:18-21

Paul and his companions were completely open to God's work and did what God
asked of them.  In today's Gospel Jesus reminds us that "No slave is greater
than his master."  We are reminded too, to expect persecution if we follow
Jesus' way. It's not easy to be a Christian, but it's our call.  Things
always work out for the best when we make decisions based on our faith.

I pray that, like Paul and his companions, I may be completely open to God's
work and do what He asks of me.  I pray that I may be willing to accept
persecution for following the Lord's call in my life.