<MP>Wednesday, 29 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:29:16 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Catherine of Siena (1347-1380)
The value Catherine makes central in her short life and which sounds clearly
and consistently through her experience is complete surrender to Christ.
What is most impressive about her is that she learns to view her surrender
to her Lord as a goal to be reached through time. She was the 23rd child of
Jacopo and Lapa Benincasa and grew up as an intelligent, cheerful and
intensely religious person. Catherine disappointed her mother by cutting off
her hair as a protest against being overly encouraged to improve her
appearance in order to attract a husband. Her father ordered her to be left
in peace and she was given a room of her own for prayer and meditation.  For
more, follow the link below:

Devout men buried Stephen and made a loud lament over him. Saul, meanwhile,
was trying to destroy the Church;
entering house after house and dragging out men and women, he handed them
over for imprisonment. ~Acts 8:1b-8

And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything
of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is
the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him
may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day." ~John 6:35-40

The tides would turn.  The crowds stoned Stephen, the first deacon, and Saul
(Paul) stood by, agreeing that this was the right thing to do.  Paul would
come to his senses, open his blind eyes, and see how wrong he had been.  He
would be the great apostle to the Gentiles.  And Jesus did the will of the
Father, not losing anything of what He was given.  His promise was eternal
life.

I pray that I may turn away from my wrong thinking.  I pray that I may
embrace the risen Lord, and that I might see the Son and believe in Him, and
that I may have eternal life through Him.