<MP>Tuesday, 01 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 20:13:33 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse - 9 seats
remain.
Brochure, sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. Justin (d. 165)
Justin never ended his quest for religious truth even when he converted to
Christianity after years of studying various pagan philosophies. As a young
man, he was principally attracted to the school of Plato. However, he found
that the Christian religion answered the great questions about life and
existence better than the philosophers. Upon his conversion he continued to
wear the philosopher's mantle, and became the first Christian philosopher.
He combined the Christian religion with the best elements in Greek
philosophy. In his view, philosophy was a pedagogue of Christ, an educator
that was to lead one to Christ.

For more, follow this link:

Therefore, beloved, since you are forewarned, be on your guard not to be led
into the error of the unprincipled and to fall from your own stability. But
grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. To
him be glory now and to the day of eternity. Amen. ~2 Peter 3:12-15a, 17-18

So Jesus said to them, "Repay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God
what belongs to God." They were utterly amazed at him. ~Mark 12:13-17

We are to give to God what is God's.  That means we need to grow "in grace
and in the knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ." Then we can know
how best to honor God and to live our call as Christian people

I pray that I may receive God's grace and grow in knowledge of God's will
for me.  I pray that I may use His strength to do His will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Maryann asks prayers for several special intentions. A member requests
prayers for courage and endurance to overcome sin and for healing in
relationships deigned by God.  Eileen gives thanks that someone has been
cured of her cancer even though it was stage 4. Melva requests prayers for
her son who is struggling with drugs and other issues and for all parents
who have children with these struggles. A member requests prayers of
thanksgiving for her grandson who survived a car accident with minimal harm
despite the fact the car was totaled.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse