<MP>Tuesday, 01 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:25:12 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
Start over!  Take a look at our New Year Card to you!

Visit our New Year Page for:
*Our New Year Card to You
*New Year's in the U.S.A.
*A Pledge of Non-Violence your family may wish to take!
*New Year Art and Projects
*New Year's Eve in Times Square
*How to Keep Your New Year's Resolution
*Much more!

Download some Saint Pat's and Three Kings Windows Wallpaper as well.

Use the on-line Referral Form to recommend our page to your friends, too.
Just click the "New Year's" Banner from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Mary, Mother of God
Mary's divine motherhood broadens the Christmas spotlight. Mary has an
important role to play in the Incarnation of the Second Person of the
Blessed Trinity. She consents to God's invitation conveyed by the angel
(Luke 1:26-38). Elizabeth proclaims: "Most blessed are you among women and
blessed is the fruit of your womb. And how does this happen to me, that the
mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:42-43, emphasis added). Mary's
role as mother of God places her in a unique position in God's redemptive
plan.  For more, go to www.frpat.com/mary.htm, or follow the link below:

The LORD bless you and keep you! The LORD let his face shine upon you, and
be gracious to you! The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace!
~Numbers 6:22-27

And Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart.  ~Luke
2:16-21

Today, on the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, we reflect with Mary on the
wonderful yet challenging events of her first days with her Son Jesus. We
begin this New Year with a chance to start anew.  We can do so with God's
blessing.

I pray that I may experience the example of peace and respect for life given
us by Mary. I pray that I may begin anew this year, with God's blessing!

Visit our New Year's Card to you, along with the great prayer "Start Over."
Just follow this link: www.frpat.com/startover.htm

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Theresa asks prayers for a special intention. Lisa asks prayers for several
intentions. Kevin requests prayers for those who have not yet found God in
their lives,  that they may soon find him. Sheila asks prayers for courage
to move forward. Mary asks prayers for her family that is divided after her
mother's death.

Grandmother asks prayers for good health and long life for her four month
old grand daughter. Ron asks prayers that his children may return to the
Church and there be peace in his family. Virginia requests prays for her
97-year-old friend who passed away on the Feast of the Holy Family.