<MP>Monday, 31 January 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:46:41 -0600

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
Start over!  Take a look at our New Year Card to you!

Visit our New Year Page for:
*Our New Year Card to You
*New Year's in the U.S.A.
*A Pledge of Non-Violence your family may wish to take!
*New Year Art and Projects
*New Year's Eve in Times Square
*How to Keep Your New Year's Resolution
*Much more!

Download some Saint Pat's and Three Kings Windows Wallpaper as well.

Use the on-line Referral Form to recommend our page to your friends, too.
Just click the "New Year's" Banner from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Sylvester I (d. 335)
When you think of this pope, you think of the Edict of Milan, the emergence
of the Church from the catacombs, the building of the great basilicas, Saint
John Lateran, Saint Peter's and others, the Council of Nicaea and other
critical events. But for the most part, these events were planned or brought
about by Emperor Constantine. For more, click the link below:

I write to you not because you do not know the truth but because you do, and
because every lie is alien to the truth.  ~2 John 2:18-21

And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his
glory, the glory as of the Father's only-begotten Son, full of grace and
truth.  ~John 1:1-18

In Jesus, God sent us living directions for living our lives.  Jesus is the
Word of God made flesh that came to dwell among us.  We can meditate on the
life of Jesus and base our own actions on what Jesus might do in a similar
situation.

I pray that I may always seek the truth in the midst of the misleading
falsehoods I hear.  I pray that I can follow the example of Jesus, the
living Word of God made flesh.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Philip, from Singapore requests prayers for his elder daughter who is
looking for her first job after graduation. Maria asks prayers for someone
who needs to get back to a good prayer life. Donna asks prayers for her
husband who is receiving treatment for complications following cataract
surgery.

Therese asks for prayers for her family who are forced to move from their
home in the middle of her radiation treatments, and who need to move twice
because their new home is not yet available. Jeannee asks prayers for her
daughter's sister, who cannot stay clean or on her psych meds and who has
lost custody of her two children. Nancy from PA requests prayers for her
best friend's husband who was just diagnosed with prostate cancer that he
may be able to be treated and live a longer and full life.