<MP>Thursday, 17 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:36:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
Early Sign-up Deadline ends after 10 July and price goes up $100 after that
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. Joseph Cafasso (1811-1860)
Even as a young man, Joseph loved to attend Mass and was known for his
humility and fervor in prayer. After his ordination he was assigned to a
seminary in Turin. There he worked especially against the spirit of
Jansenism, an excessive preoccupation with sin and damnation. Joseph used
the works of St. Francis de Sales and St. Alphonsus Liguori to moderate the
rigorism popular at the seminary. Joseph recommended membership in the
Secular Franciscan Order to priests. He urged devotion to the Blessed
Sacrament and encouraged daily Communion. In addition to his teaching
duties, Joseph was an excellent preacher, confessor and retreat master.
Noted for his work with condemned prisoners, Joseph helped many of them die
at peace with God. St. John Bosco was one of Joseph's pupils. Joseph urged
John Bosco to establish the Salesians to work with the youth of Turin.
Joseph was canonized in 1947.

For more, follow this link:

Rejoice in the Lord, you just! ~Psalm 97

"If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will
forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father
forgive your transgressions." ~Matthew 6:7-15

And again.  We hear again today about forgiveness and how we can't expect to
be forgiven if we won't forgive others. How difficult it is to do so, all by
ourselves.  But we can pray for the willingness to let go of our resentments
and to allow God to remove them from us.

I pray that I may become willing to let go of my resentments.  I pray that
may only expect to be forgiven only to the extent I am willing to forgive
those who have harmed me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member asks for prayers for a Grandson whose wife is asking for a divorce,
which he doesn't want, that they may be able to work out their differences
for the sake of the children. Barbara asks prayers for man with a drinking
problem.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse