<MP>Wednesday, 16 June 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:38:26 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
Early Sign-up Deadline ends after 10 July and price goes up $100 after that
18-28 October 2010 - $2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse Brochure,
sign-up sheet & links to hotels are now available at the Web Site:
www.frpat.com

St. John Francis Regis (1597-1640)
Born into a family of some wealth, John Francis was so impressed by his
Jesuit educators that he himself wished to enter the Society of Jesus. He
did so at age 18. Despite his rigorous academic schedule he spent many hours
in chapel, often to the dismay of fellow seminarians who were concerned
about his health. Following his ordination to the priesthood, he undertook
missionary work in various French towns. While the formal sermons of the day
tended toward the poetic, his discourses were plain. But they revealed the
fervor within him and attracted people of all classes. Father Regis
especially made himself available to the poor. Many mornings were spent in
the confessional or at the altar celebrating Mass; afternoons were reserved
for visits to prisons and hospitals.

For more, follow this link:

Let your hearts take comfort, all who hope in the Lord. ~Psalm 31

Jesus said to his disciples: "Take care not to perform righteous deeds in
order that people may see them; otherwise, you will have no recompense from
your heavenly Father. ~Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18

God calls all of us.  We are to do many good things in God's name in order
to live out our mission. Jesus warns us not to perform these religious deeds
in order that people may see them. We do good things because God asks us to,
and peace and serenity come our way as we live out His call in our lives.

I pray that I may accept my call from God.  I pray that I may live out my
mission quietly and peacefully, not calling attention to myself, but leading
others, by my example, to God Himself.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member asks for prayers for grandson who has drinking and social problems
and for all the lives and livelihoods affected by the oil spill in the Gulf
of Mexico. Marie asks prayers for a special intention. Marianne asks prayers
for her daughter's friend who is battling drug addiction.

A member requests prayers for a priest friend who is struggling in his call.
A member asks prayers of thanksgiving for answered prayers and also prayers
for her son who needs God in his life. Irene asks prayers for a special
intention.

Lumina requests prayers for her mother who is in ICCU as she suffered a
stroke and has a hemorrhage now. Brian requests strong prayer support for
his friend who just lost her twin brother.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse