<MP>Saturday, 01 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:17:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

G O I N G    T O   B O S T O N

A week from now I'll be in Boston for medical tests.  As most of you know I
was diagnosed with a Uveal Melanoma (eye cancer) eleven years ago.  I return
once a year for tests.  Please keep me in your prayers!

T H E    Y E L L O W    B U S E S    A R E    C O M I N G   ! ! ! !

The Yellow Buses are coming!  Don't you enjoy the time of the year when huge
yellow pencils marked "Back to School" hang in department stores ... and
aisles full of happy children shopping for assignment notebooks and yellow
pencils?  I do!  (-:

Actually, it's very important to be ready for school.  Many of us can
remember the sinking feeling of being way behind, of taking a test we
weren't prepared to take.  This year we can make a resolution to stay caught
up.  Certainly, we need to remember that God is with us as we prepare for a
new school year as well.

I've put together a special "Back to School" page at the Web Site.  There's
a blessing we'll use in our parishes the weekend before school starts.

There's also a blessing for parents or grandparents and kids to pray
together.  That can be done on the first day of school ... or, even better,
before school every day!

I've also put together three special pages ... for KIDS, TEENS and PARENTS

They're filled with helpful links.  Faith links, fun links, and links to
help with homework.

You can find it all at our web site.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"He has said, 'I will never leave you or forsake you.'  So we can say with
confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do
to me?'" ~Hebrews 13:5-6

"I will never leave you or forsake you."  Down through the centuries,
thousands have believed in God's constancy, tirelessness, and unfailing
love.  God has love.  Then forever we can be sure of God's love.  God has
power.  Then forever we can be sure;, in every difficulty and temptation, of
God's strength.  God has patience.  Then always there is one who can never
tire.  God has understanding.  Then always we can understand and be
understood.  Unless we want God to go, God will never leave us.  God is
always ready with the strength and power we need.

I pray that I may feel that God's love will never fail.  I pray that I may
have confidence in God's unfailing power.

Rose is offering a prayer of thanksgiving for a good CAT scan result for her
father, who continues to be in remission from cancer. Vilma asks prayers for
a special intention. Gen asks prayers for granddaughter who needs
counseling.

Donna requests prayers for my brother-in-law & a friend who both are
recovering from cardiac bypass surgeries. Dolly asks prayer for 2 special
intentions and for her friend to have a very successful surgery on September
4th. Diamond asks prayers as she anticipates surgery.

Mary Jane requests prayers for family members who are going through
financial difficulties. A Maine member asks prayers for young families
filled with chaos and hostility that God will replace that with love and
understanding. Angelina asks prayers as she begins a second cycle of Chemo.

Alvin asks prayers for a promotion in her job and a house for herself. Gen
asks for prayers for her daughter who is going through stress at work. Amy
asks  prayers for a special intention for her family and friends!

Amy asks prayers for my dear friend who is recovering from a bladder
infection, may she find comfort soon! A member kindly requests prayers for a
family friend who is critically ill.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.