<MP>Monday, 29 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:46:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Sts. Peter and Paul (d. 64 & 67)
Peter (d. 64?). St. Mark ends the first half of his Gospel with a triumphant
climax. He has recorded doubt, misunderstanding and the opposition of many
to Jesus. Now Peter makes his great confession of faith: "You are the
Messiah" (Mark 8:29b). It was one of the many glorious moments in Peter's
life, beginning with the day he was called from his nets along the Sea of
Galilee to become a fisher of men for Jesus.   For more, follow the link
below:

In those days, King Herod laid hands upon some members of the Church to harm
them. He had James, the brother of John, killed by the sword, and when he
saw that this was pleasing to the Jews he proceeded to arrest Peter also.
~Acts 12:1-11

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Simon Peter said in reply,
"You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." ~Matthew 16:13-19

We give exalted place to the Saints and marvel at how good and holy they
were.  And we can easily forget about their human imperfection and weakness.
We can recall how hard it was for Peter to understand what Jesus was saying,
even having Jesus say to him "Get behind me you Satan."  Peter too, denied
Jesus three times before He was crucified.  Paul was a great persecutor of
Christians, found himself blind, and when he was able to see again
discovered the error of his ways.  He became the great apostle to the
Gentiles and was responsible for much of the growth in the early Church.

I pray that I may know my blessedness and the many good qualities God has
put within me.  I pray too, that I may be aware of my weakness and be ready
to turn back to God with all my heart.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Irene asks prayers for a special intention. Mary requests prayers to find
employment through a job interview this week. Rick asks for prayers for his
best friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer.

Bill asks for prayers for relatives and friends who are ill, and for safe
travel. Joe asks prayers for a special intention. Darlene, a member, asks
prayers for a special intention & for her family. A member asks  prayers for
a friend who starts his vacation on Monday that he will have the will power
to avoid temptations.