<MP>Wednesday, 01 July 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:28:46 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Junipero Serra (1713-1784)
In 1776, when the American Revolution was beginning in the east, another
part of the future United States was being born in California. That year a
gray-robed Franciscan founded Mission San Juan Capistrano, now famous for
its annually returning swallows. San Juan was the seventh of nine missions
established under the direction of this indomitable Spaniard. Born in
Spain's island of Mallorca, Serra entered the Franciscan Order, taking the
name of St. Francis' childlike companion, Brother Juniper. Until he was 35,
he spent most of his time in the classroom-first as a student of theology
and then as a professor. He also became famous for his preaching. Suddenly
he gave it all up and followed the yearning that had begun years before when
he heard about the missionary work of St. Francis Solanus in South America.
Junipero's desire was to convert native peoples in the New World.  For more,
follow the link below:

Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. Isaac
grew, and on the day of the child's weaning
Abraham held a great feast. ~Genesis 21:5, 8-20a

The demons pleaded with him, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of
swine." And he said to them, "Go then!"
They came out and entered the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the
steep bank into the sea where they drowned. ~Matthew 8:28-34

When we don't understand, we need to remember that God does.  When we're
baffled by a decision we have to make, we need to remember that God knows
what we should decide.  Indeed, nothing is impossible for God.

I pray that I may always trust in God's wisdom and power.  I pray that I may
not rely on my own resources, but on God's.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Tina asks for prayers for God's help for her family as they deal with
several difficult situations. Lois asks for prayer for her granddaughter who
will have open heart surgery on Thursday. Ruth requests prayers for her
husband who is in intensive care.

Janice requests prayers for her nephew who died tragically at the age of 23
& for his mom who lost her only child. Neil requests prayers for the happy
repose of the soul of a young woman who died of cancer, about a month after
it was diagnosed, at the young age of 42. Donna requests prayers for her
cousin who is in treatment for breast cancer & complications which have
occurred.

Please pray for two Philadelphia police officers who were struck and injured
and one is in critical condition. A member asks prayers for her
brother-in-law who was severely injured in an accident that he might heal
completely and be able to walk again. A mother requests prayers for her son
who is having financial difficulties and will be having an important job
interview next month.

A mother says prayers of thanksgiving for her daughter who got a teaching
job in a Catholic school. Claire asks prayers for a special intention.
Member asks for prayers for our beloved Nation which seems to be falling
away from God. Shannon requests prayers for successful 2nd job interview,
and that she gain employment.

Shannon requests prayers for her Aunt who needs healing and complete
recovery from sudden serious illness. Brenda asks for prayers for her
cousin's wife who delivered triplets 15 weeks premature. Debbie asks for
prayers for resolution to both her daughters personal problems and that the
lost money order will appear.

Sylvia asks prayers for a special intention. Marianne asks prayers for her
young grand daughter who has had undiagnosed intestinal pain for several
weeks. Nancy from PA asks prayers for a priest who was installed as our new
pastor, that parishioners will be generous in their acceptance of him and
his role as pastor will bring him much joy and fulfillment.