<MP>Friday, 12 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:31:17 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Jolenta (Yolanda) of Poland (d. 1298)
Jolenta was the daughter of Bela IV, King of Hungary. Her sister, St.
Kunigunde, was married to the Duke of Poland. Jolenta was sent to Poland
where her sister was to supervise her education. Eventually married to
Boleslaus, the Duke of Greater Poland, Jolenta was able to use her material
means to assist the poor, the sick, widows and orphans. Her husband joined
her in building hospitals, convents and churches so that he was surnamed
"the Pious." Upon the death of her husband and the marriage of two of her
daughters, Jolenta and her third daughter entered the convent of the Poor
Clares. War forced Jolenta to move to another convent where, despite her
reluctance, she was made abbess.  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: We hold this treasure in earthen vessels, that the
surpassing power may be of God and not from us. ~2 Corinthians 4:7-15

Jesus said to his disciples: "You have heard that it was said, You shall not
commit adultery. But I say to you, everyone who looks at a woman with lust
has already committed adultery with her in his heart. ~Matthew 5:27-32

We are to avoid the near occasion of sin.  How good it is when we do so, not
entertaining impure thoughts and other temptations.  And how good it is when
we know that the good things we do come from the power of God and not from
us.

I pray that I may avoid evil and do good.  I pray that I may have the
courage to use God's power to do His work.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Harry asks prayers for a friend, that her eye surgery will be successful and
her vision will be restored. A member requests prayers for her friend who is
having surgery on Friday, may it go well and may she recover quickly with
God's blessings. Bill asks for prayers of Thanksgiving for health prayer
answered. Bettye offers thanksgiving to God and all who prayed for her for
good results on her Cat scan of jaw and mouth.

Clare requests prayers for friends who were laid off from work. Eric asks
prayers for his wife who has an appointment on Friday to look at a growth on
her thyroid. Debbie asks for prayers for her 23 year old daughter who was
told she has precancer of the cervix. Rosemarie asks prayers for special
intentions.