[moneytalks] Re: Order of speaking

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:44:14 -0500

The reason we elected to speak the contents of the cell before the title =
of the column was to present the most relevant information first.  This =
permits the user to quickly move through information by hearing the =
information that actually changes first.

>>> dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx Thursday, February 03, 2005 10:40:27 AM >>>
I've noticed that the contents of cells is spoken before the column =
heading.
What do you all think about having the headings spoken before the contents
of the cell?  If this were the case, it would be more in line with the way
other programs and dialog boxes are spoken by screen readers.  Just a
thought.  Thanks again to APH for working so hard on this program.  I look
forward to telling my clients about it when it is released.

Dave