[moneytalks] Re: Column Header vs Contents Order

  • From: "Dave Speck" <dspeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:16:59 -0500

Hello Larry,

While I see your point, I, also see a real need to have columns announced
before contents.  I as an advanced computer user can work with it the way it
currently is, but we must remember that most users are not advanced users
and therefore should not be expected to remember the layout of columns for a
while.  With all do respect, some users have enough trouble remembering the
shortest way to get to a program let alone trying to keep all the other
details straight.  Having the headings read first is a constant reminder to
the user where they are located at all times, especially if there is no data
in a given field.

Regards,

Dave