[molions] Fwd: April is National Donate Life Month

  • From: "J. Y. Miller" <j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 12:07:55 -0500

Sent for Saving-sight.

J. Y.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Saving Sight <pr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: April 3, 2015 at 10:00:10 AM CDT
To: JY <j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: April is National Donate Life Month

April is National Donate Life Month

Right now, more than 123,000 Americans are waiting for life-saving organ
transplants, including approx. 8,000 people in Missouri, Kansas, and
Illinois. What's more, Americans will require more than 48,000 cornea
transplants and 1 million tissue transplants this year alone.To save and
enhance these lives, more Americans must make the heroic pledge to donate.
During National Donate Life Month this April, join us in celebrating eye,
organ, and tissue donation in your community and sign up for the donor
registry.

Learn How You Can Help

Preschooler Gets Needed Eye Care Thanks to KidSight and Parents’ Quick
Follow-Through
When they received a KidSIght referral to take their son Rylan to the eye
doctor, Sheila and her husband responded right away. “My husband got the
notification and called me saying Rylan’s results were completely off of the
chart,” Sheila said. Now receiving eye care, Rylan is developing the healthy
vision he'll need to excel in kindergarten this fall.

Read Rylan's Story

April
17
National Donate Life Blue & Green Day

Show your support for Organ, Eye, and Tissue Donation by wearing Blue & Green
on the 17th, then enter to win a $100 Amazon gift card.

Learn More

April
25

KU Med Rose Dedication Ceremony

Saturday, April 25th, 2-4 pm at University of Kansas Hospital's Westwood
Auditorium. We'll honor those who gave gifts of sight and life.

Learn More

April
28
Joplin Celebration of Life 2015

Tuesday, April 28th from 6-8 pm at Mercy Hospital Joplin. Join the Joplin
community, Saving Sight, and Midwest Transplant Network for the Celebration
of Life & Rose Dedication event to commemorate local eye, organ, and tissue
donors and transplant recipients.

Learn More

Save the Date for the Second Annual Lions L.E.A.D. Weekend
Join us for a weekend of leadership, education, and development in Jefferson
City at the Capitol Plaza Hotel and Convention Center. The event will begin
on Friday, May 15 from 5:30-8:00 p.m., and the conference will take place on
Saturday, May 16 from 8:30-3:30. All Missouri Lions are invited to attend,
and all district leaders are strongly encouraged to attend.

Learn more
Missouri Lions Clubs
Take a look at what we're doing in your community! Review the latest program
stats for your Lions district and the top-giving Lions Clubs for the fiscal
year.

Review the Stats

We change lives by saving sight.®
Sightlines is a publication of Saving Sight. Questions can be directed to
pr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email was sent to j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription
preferences
Saving Sight · 404 Portland St. · Columbia, MO 65201 · USA