[molions] CenturyTel subscribers

  • From: "J.Y. Miller" <j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Molions <molions@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 15:46:35 +0000 (UTC)

It appears that Century rejected a message because of "....spam content". There
was no spam content. The message was long....
I reposted a message that Lion Cody Johnson posted (which bounced for all of
us) in which he asked if other Lions had receive the E-mail from Salim Moussan
RE the Lions method of international elections.
I am posting my original message without the copy of Lion Salim's message in
hopes that it will be accepted.
I bet CenturyTel allows lots of real spam to slip through their system even
though they blocked this legitimate message.

----------------
Yesterday, Lion Cody posted a copy of an E-mail he had received from Salim
Moussan RE the elections for International Officers. That message bounced for
reasons that I am unable to determine. It might have been just too long. If so,
this one will bounce also.
Lion Cody asked if any other Lions had received the same message. I did receive
it and I suspect that many other Lions did as well.
Without any comment on the merit of Lion Salim's issue, I will comment that
this situation has come up before. I remember the convention in Dallas, TX in
which the local newspapers wrote that they were surprised that a particular
candidate did not win, because it seemed that everyone in Dallas had an
umbrella, hat, bag of almonds, or some other campaign material from the
candidate that did not "have the nod".
We have seen this same system have an effect on Missouri Lions Elections for ID
candidates in the past. It is what it is. I doubt if it will change soon.
For what it is worth, I belong to some other organizations in which the same
structure exists.
J. Y.
J. Y. Miller j.y.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        http://www.jymiller.net