[modular-debian] Re: systemd-free alternatives are not off topic.

  • From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 08:35:19 -0500

Before you go all conspiracy theory here, that message DID make it to Debian-user, as have all of my semi-rants about systemd. (I remember seeing it last night, and it's in the archives). I have noticed that lists.debian.user does seem to take its sweet time about distributing list traffic - but then, it supports a lot of lists, and a fairly large distribution. (As a datapoint, from my own, much smaller, list server - anti-virus and anti-spam processing eats up an awful lot of cycles). I'd also check your spam folder before assuming that you're being censored.

Miles Fidelman

Andrew McGlashan wrote:
  -- sent to debian-user previously (a short time ago) ....
     surprise, surprise, it didn't make it to the list --

Why are they so happy to delude themselves?

On 23/11/2014 11:14 AM, John Hasler wrote:
Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI writes:
But they are anathema to the "We are systemd of Borg, resistance is
futile" crowd.
And then there is the "Systemd is the Borg! Kill! Kill!" crowd who jump
into every mention of Systemd to piss and moan about the other crowd,
which then retaliates.  While I can and will killfile you others
evidently can't or won't and so every attempt at a rational discussion
of anything Systemd related gets disrupted.  I don't care for Systemd
but I am going to have to live with it and so I want to hear about it's
bugs, misfeatures, and workarounds.  I do *not* want to hear about your
conspiracy theories nor do I want to hear any more sneering ridicule of
anyone who questions Systemd.  Both "crowds" should just STFU.  You are
doing nothing but antagonizing people.
Not to mention the fact that the list is NOT seeing the breadth of the
problems with systemd -- the views of the not so few are being squashed
time and time again with post moderation.

You will never see the full picture of the problem if you only listen to
what is allowed to be received via the debian-user list ... and you are
deluded if you think the problem only concerns a small limited number of
people.

A.