[modular-debian] Re: Please critique my web pages

  • From: "Go Linux" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "golinux@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 09:19:28 -0800

Have you seen this list of systemd-free OS over at FDN?

Sorry, Steve . . . your site is pug ugly (and I'm into plain text sites, no eye
candy).  There's also waaay too much of Steve Litt (the Great) there for my
taste.  It's a real turnoff. As to content . . . yet another page descriptive
of the problem which I just don't have the desire to try to digest.  Again,
sorry . . .

The modular-debian list has been a bit of a disappointment too.  Would love to
see some real action happening here.  The dustbin of history is full of great
ideas like this.

I do miss you rants on -user.  The list hasn't been nearly as entertaining
since you were sent down the rabbit hole . . .

PS.  I couldn't even find the systemd pages from the link below.  Had to go to
your previous announcement to get it.

 Subject: [modular-debian] Please critique my web pages
 To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Monday, November 3, 2014, 10:17 AM

 Hi all,

 Somebody whose opinion I trust said my systemd pages were too "ranty",
 so I removed a lot of rant, stridency, negative characterizations, and
 obviously opinionated stuff.

 Could you guys please read my new pages and give opinions?

 http://www.troubleshooters.com/

 Also, if I failed to mention alternatives you think are good, please let me
know.

 Thanks,

 SteveT