[modular-debian] Re: Please critique my web pages

  • From: Steve Litt <slitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 12:50:02 -0500

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 09:19:28 -0800
"Go Linux" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"golinux@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) wrote:

> Have you seen this list of systemd-free OS over at FDN?
>
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=118319
>
> Sorry, Steve . . . your site is pug ugly (and I'm into plain text
> sites, no eye candy).

Hi golinux,

Do you mean the cyan borders? Would you prefer the whole thing be
white? How do the rest of you feel about that? That's a tiny css change.

> There's also waaay too much of Steve Litt (the
> Great) there for my taste.  It's a real turnoff. As to content . . .
> yet another page descriptive of the problem which I just don't have
> the desire to try to digest.  Again, sorry . . .

How about the page on what to do --
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/systemd/whattodo.htm ?

> The modular-debian list has been a bit of a disappointment too.
> Would love to see some real action happening here.  The dustbin of
> history is full of great ideas like this.

I'm very grateful for the modular-debian list. For one thing, it's a
friendly port in a world where any question about systemd brings
hostility. Second, it's going to serve as a place for people to get
together and, one way or another, work around systemd. Third, when your
mouth gets duct taped, this is where you go to communicate. You don't
know how much you need this list until you get muted on Debian-User.

> I do miss you rants on -user.  The list hasn't been nearly as
> entertaining since you were sent down the rabbit hole . . .

Tell all your systemd non-fanboy friends to join Debian-User to take my
place. After a significant number of folks wanting the right to run
non-systemd Linux were 86'd from Debian-User, it appears that
everyone's satisfied with systemd. But it just appears that way because
they selectively muted us. Talk it up about systemd, and those who
agree with you, tell them to sign up on Debian-User. You'll get plenty
of Debian-User systemd entertainment, and it just might affect the
outcome of the GR. I really believe that the 3month and counting
series of anti-systemd threads influenced Ian to call the GR.

SteveT