[modular-debian] Re: Goals and Starting points?

  • From: Steve Litt <slitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modular-debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:33:31 -0500

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:03:06 -0500
Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If anything, I expect upstream developers have a general dislike for
> packaging and distros in general.

Just speaking for myself, when I was an "upstream", after a brief
period of pride in VimOutliner being in the Debian repository, I began
to dislike packaging and distros, and wished they'd just grab
VimOutliner from the VimOutliner website. It's unbelievable the ways a
packager can screw up the features of your software that you consider
top priority.

SteveT