[modeleng] Re: stationary engines

  • From: "Phill Smith" <steam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:05:25 +0800

None of the early ones.... but from the turn of the last century they
started to appear. Towards the end of the steam donkey engine, it was still
only the high speed engines that were fitted with them. Where efficiency
didn't matter too much, they were always slide valve, due to ease of
manufacture.

Cheers,

Phill.