[modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Re: [modeleng] Now Ga1 was 3½ versus 5

  • From: "Eric Walker" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 20:54:45 +0100

 Hello Jem,

I agree with Harry, the prices for the 7 1/4" engines are excessive. The
last set of castings I bought cost £200 but this didn't include wheels as I
always use steel ones, because of the wear on a Tinkerbelle I built. You
should be able to build a narrow gauge 7 1/4" for less than £2000.

Eric Walker in cold & damp Nottinghamshire