[modeleng] Re: Was: FINGERS wooden boilers and Donington but now the vagaries of ebay

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:43:50 +0100

I have picked up some bargains on e-bay, stationary engines that I bought to
restore and sell on. So far I have only sold one that I restored for  100%
profit, the others, I can't bring myself to part with. My fave is the one I
bought for £40, stripped, repainted, ste the valves and now I can blow down
the inlet pipe and it runs! What a bargain.
Items wrongly described, I got a brakevan side lamp for £16.01, we sold on
on the SVR for £55 in the same condition. Bargains are there, you have to
know what your looking for.

Dave.