[modeleng] Re: Unknown thread

  • From: "Tim Rickard" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:42:14 +0000

Alan

I'm not sure if they are 60 deg threads.

My recollection was that in accordance with our Imperialist traditions we
stole the Thury thread off the French Swiss because they obviously couldn't
be trusted with it with them being foreign chappies and rebranded it as the
BA thread.

Certainly there are a lot of very close similiarites between the Thury and
BA dimensions but I'm not certain without some delving which I'll try and do
what the angle was. I tather think it may be the same as BA

Good luck to our correspondent in trying to cut one of these threads
whatever the angle.