[modeleng] Re: Unknown thread

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:50:59 +0100

Thury threads were a Swiss thread mainly used by clock and watch makers, and
by extension, by instrument makers.
Some other countries also adopted them.
20 Thury is 0.0189" diameter, (0.479mm), and 208.2 tpi.
core diameter is 0.0134", and thread depth is 0.030".
Sorry, but you will have to convert them to metric if that is what you need.

Although the chart I have doesnt say so, I am fairly sure that they were 60
degree angle,

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.