[modeleng] Re: TiN coated tools

  • From: "Ron Head" <ron.head@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:37:22 +0100

Hi Wilfried (and Phil)

Thanks for your advice, perhaps I will give them a miss and stick to what I
know, i.e. HSS.

Your web page is very interesting.  I can re-sharpen the ends of my cutters
using my Worden tool grinder, but I can't do the flutes and so I have to
shorten them quite a bit if the edges are worn.  The difficult bit for me is
to put the centre relief back in.  I might experiment with a disc of some
sort held in a Minicraft drill.  Anyone else done this?

Regards
Ron Head