[modeleng] Re: Square pistons

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 14:37:52 -0600

The late Bob Jorgensen of Memphis made a working model of the Robertson, but
I didn't know that was the name of it.  I only wondered what sort of an
idiot would have designed an engine like that and how the pistons were
sealed.  It is nothing like a Dake which Bob also built as the Dake was flat
and very compact.  Disregarding that the Robertson must have been a complete
idiot, the Ascot model is a beautiful work of art and the modeler should be
proud of what he has made.  Being rather odd myself, I like the design.

Jesse in 40° drizzly Troy, TN USA

Subject: [modeleng] Re: Square pistons

 There is a photo of one, taken at Ascot, at:

 http://www.flickr.com/photos/13181394@N03/1382882848/

 Alan