[modeleng] Re: Salvage from washing machine?

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:48:04 +0100

Hi All.

Not a lot,the stainless drum is full of holes and the outer drum is usually
Plastic.
The Crouzet Timer needs a degree to work out the connections and the motor
works in conjunction with an Electronic speed control board.
So about the only things you can get out will be some metric bolts a couple
of springs and possible a couple of pressure switches

From the performance of our Zanussi (the appliance of science) which fell to
bits internally because of corrosion after six years, your machine has done
well to last this long.When I complained to Zanussi they stated that their
machines were only designed to last eight years.
They dont make them like they used to
A trip to the skip coming up I think.

Regards

Clif
----- >
> Is there anything worth salvaging from a 1997 washing machine that has
just
> died?
>
> Oh for the long gone days when they had decent induction motors in them

subject line.