[modeleng] SIP Compressor Problem

  • From: The Sheppard Residence <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 00:09:59 +0100

I have been refurbishing a SIP compressor.

It is has a 50 litre tank and is a belt driven type.  Amongst the parts
I have replaced is the pressure switch (brand new from SIP).  This has
two pressure connections.  Both direct to the tank.

I am assuming that the two form the "high" and "low" pressure switches.
  Switching off at >120psi and turning back on <80psi (approximately).

The problem I have is that from the moment that the tank reaches maximum
pressure (and the compressor turns off) there is tremendous leakage of
air from the  pressure switch until <80psi is reached and the compressor
turns on again.

Both the "off" and "on" switches operate the same bank of contacts.

The question I have is very simple and the answer may be obvious (but
the obvious is not always the right answer!)

The question is - Is this a faulty switch, or have I missed a component
in the pressure system?  (Although I can't think what).

Cheers

Peter