[modeleng] Re: Model Engineer's Traction Engine

  • From: "Steam" <steam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 9:40:05 +0800

 In my searches for something else..... I remember reading some of the
articles for the 1" scale traction engine (by Henry Greenly) in some of the
1920's/30's Model Engineer magazines. The club I'm in has a copy of every
M.E. which makes for a hell of a reference library. To make things easy to
find, we also have a almost up-to-date index book (published by someone in
S.Africa I think), which is something thaat I feel EVERY CLUB should
purchase.
But as for castings for the engine...... You may be lucky to find something
similar from other engines.

Oh, Earnest A. Steel was Henry Greenly's son in-law, so that may well be the
same engine..... He did most of the later corrections to Greenly's drawings.

Cheers,

Phill.