[modeleng] Re: Model Engineering Course

  • From: Donkitson1@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:52:59 EDT

In a message dated 04/09/2005 00:52:31 , al_messer@xxxxxxxxx writes:
O.K.,  youse blokes that live close enough to attend,
jump on it!  Things  like this only come along once
every Blue Moon!

Al Messer,

--- alan Stepney  <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I just  spotted this on the miniature railway list.

> I know that courses like these are rarer than hen's
> teeth  these days  but
> there is one at Oxford and Cherwell College,  Oxford
> Campus starting on the
> 10th September.
>
>  I stumbled across the course by chance and I have
> just enrolled.  However I
> am no 3 and they need 8 or it won't go ahead!
>
> So if you fancy the course or know someone who would
> please  make contact. It
> would be a shame to lose out.
>
>  http://www.occ.ac.uk/search.asp
>
> will take you to the college  site , then just search
> "Engineering"
>
>  =========================================
>
> Alan  Stepney
>
> http://www.alanstepney.info
> Model Engineering  & steam engine information pages
>
> MODEL ENGINEERING  DISCUSSION LIST.
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list, send a blank  email
> to,
> modeleng-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the  word

Hi every one,
    Just got back from a short break ( a week in  Southport) The College at
Accrington in Lancashire also runs a model engineering  course this starts in
about 10 days time and is held on  Wednesday  afternoons between 1.00pm and
4-30pm the cost is/was £40.00 per ten weeks and  for that you get the use of
all
the big machinery ie Vertical and Horizontal  Millers lathes, shapers, drills
etc etc. and if the material is in stock that is  also provided foc as well.
Of course there is a competent instructor and  technician on hand to give
instruction/help where required. For further  information contact the college
on
01254 354354 I can highly recommend this as I  have been a member there for the
past 3 years.
    Spaces are in demand so an early contact would be  to your advantage.
    BTW Whilst staying on the Caravan Club site at  Southport I visited the
Southport Model Engineering Society just a 3 minutes  walk from the site and in
Victoria Park, they have an excellent 3.5 and 5 inch  gauge track there that
has just been extended and I found them to be very  welcoming. If you get up
there pay them a visit.
Don
Nelson Lancashire