[modeleng] Re: Metals

  • From: cbrumbelow@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:17:44 +0000

Could it be "chilled cast iron", Alan?  A discussion about the wheels of the
Simplex WWI era gasoline powered trench locomotive indicated that they (or at
least some of them) used chilled cast iron wheels which were virtually
impossible to remachine.  This is supposedly still the Simplex site, but it
won't load at the moment for whatever reason.
http://www.rustons.fsnet.co.uk/spx/  Charles