[modeleng] Re: Is the List Working

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:52:21 -0600

Harry,

If I was able to make that difficult wrapper piece for my American, then you
should have no problems since you work in sheet metal all the time.  Of
course, I have my handy dandy Audel's "Sheet Metal Workers Handybook" to get
me through any problem areas.

Busy, yeah I been busy trying to heat my skidder/loader boiler with my newly
made propane burner.  Took off the stack and found a generous supply of
creosote from when I tried to burn wood in the thing.  Wire shotgun cleaning
brush in an electric drill got the thickest part of it, but hardly did
anything to a thin layer that remained.  Finally wrapped coarse emery cloth
around a split steel rod and ran that through the flues (12 of them) many
times, changing cloth frequently and now have a fairly clean looking set of
flues.  Got nearly 1/2 cup of nasty black dust out of those eight 1/2" dia
flues and there was more in the firebox.  No wonder the burner did not heat
well.

Unka Jesse