[modeleng] Re: Headless pinch screws

  • From: Alan Stepney <alesara2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:57:43 +0000 (GMT)

One of the big disadvantages of screw driver slotted
grub screws, is that all too often we (and I bet that
includes almost all of us at times) dont use a
correctly ground screwdriver, with the result that the
tip spreads the "legs" of the screw slot, and that
tends to jam the screw even tighter, or at worst, snap
off one side of the screw making it (almost)
impossible to remove.

Compared to that Allen screws are excellent, but, as
Jeff says, a pinch of sealant or similar to block up
the 'ole, is batter than allowing time and dirt to do
the same thing.